Attention legal technology startups: ABA Techshow — the most awaited annual legal technology conference — is back! It will be held on March 2-5, 2022 in Chicago.
For three days, lawyers, legal professionals, and technology will come together to learn about the most useful and practical technologies available. In addition, TECHSHOW’s audience will include legal journalists, bloggers, industry analysts, and investors.
As you may know, in 2021 ABA TECHSHOW went virtual. The TECHSHOW community did not meet face-to-face, but rather gathered together with the help of technology.
The TECHSHOW Planning Board has adopted a hybrid approach for the 2022 TECHSHOW. Some people will attend in person in Chicago, and others will join virtually.
How Will the Startups Be Selected?
Startups meeting the following criteria are welcome to apply:
- Your product or service is targeted to lawyers or legal professionals.
- Your company has never exhibited at a national legal technology conference before.
- Your company has achieved some demonstrable traction, either in users or financing.
- You were not one of the prior years’ winners selected to present at TECHSHOW in the 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 Startup Alley.
- Your company (service/product) should be innovative.
What Happens If Your Company Is Selected?
15 startups will be selected to participate in a live pitch competition — the opening event of this year’s TECHSHOW.
The winner of the opening night pitch competition will receive:
- Free 10×10 booth space at the 2023 TECHSHOW (or online equivalent if a live event is not possible).
- Free 12-month listing on the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center’s Buyer’s Guide.
- $5,000 credit to use towards advertising in ABA Law Practice Division media.
- A profile of the company on my LawSites blog.
Startups interested in participating need to complete an application form by midnight Pacific Time on Friday, Jan. 7, 2022. So hurry up to apply!